Sunday, December 30, 2007
End of Year Ponderings
Inspired by Loretta, here is my list of Blessings Received and New Year's Resolutions.
All the art blessings I received in 2007:
* was invited to teach at the following out of town art retreats coming up in 2008: Artfest, Art Unraveled, Art & Soul, Raeven’s Nest and Squam Art Workshops. All my class proposals were accepted.
* was asked to speak to a local high school class & loved it
* was invited back to teach at Innerstandings & had a wonderful experience
* vended at AU in Arizona; traveled there by myself, rented a car, showed myself it was something I could do
* met Mary Ann Moss, one of my art heros who I met online
* got to spend several days with katie, helping and sharing
* was asked to contribute as a featured artist in Kelly Rae’s project book coming out this summer
* was asked to contribute to several books on art Journalling coming out 2008
* was featured in 2 magazines: Artful Blogger and Cloth, Paper, Scissors
* vended at Artfest and Art & Soul in addition to AU and met many new friends
* being interviewed for Indie Arts magazine and several other publications
My grateful intentions for 2008 are to:
* think in wider terms than myself. How can I contribute something lasting to future generations
* promote community, co-operation, mutual support
* discourage competition & other forms of divisive behavior
* help each person rise to the full extent of their vision
* promote art as a way of bringing people together and calming the mind.
* promote art as a way of healing the spirit
There were many other highlights; travel to Spain, traveling to Art Fairs all over the Pacific Northwest, many joyful activities with my extended family. But I felt like expressing my gratitude publicly for a memorable year and to say that having a life is such a privilege; I am finally old enough and have the experience to recognize how much power we each have to change the world in a good way so that everyone can experience fullness.
Happy New Year.